So, do you stand out?
Enterprise technology communications is an ocean of buzzwords, jargon, three-letter acronyms and hard-to-differentiate products and services. If you're not standing out like a beacon with a clear story to the right people in your influence community, this will seriously harm your prospects for success. Consider that:
- Enterprise technology buyers, overwhelmed by complexity and choice, tend to gravitate towards brands they and their peers know, trust and won't get fired for buying - even if they aren’t always the best. Are you being recommended and advocated by the most influential people in your market?
- Premium channel partners, sought after by throngs of eager new players, want to be associated with ‘hot property’ that can add genuine value to their credentials, service lines and profit margins. Does your value proposition genuinely stand out?
- The most talented industry people seek to align themselves with companies who are seen to be the winners, with inspiring, creative leadership and innovative, reputable products and services. Is your company seen as ‘hot property’ in an increasingly social-media savvy employers market?
- Depending on who they write for journalists receive anywhere from 20 to 500 pitches and press releases EVERY day and can only select 2-3 to write about. Does your story really stand out?
- VCs select one company to invest in from every hundred pre-screened applications (from a pool of thousands), often based on a short pitch. Is your pitch compelling enough to win?